Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mexico

These pictures below are from my trip to Mexico. My family always takes a vacation in August. This year we stayed at a resort in Riviera Maya, Mexico. The resort was called the Grand Sunset Princess. We were reading some of the things that people had to say about it and they were bad but we got there and it was wonderful. There were fountains everywhere and it was very pretty at night. All the floors were made of marble no matter where you were unless you were on the paths to the beach and pool. It was five star and it had many things to do. It also had many restaurants. It was all inclusive so you didn't have to pay for some of the restaurants because it was included in your other price. The pictures you see that are of green grass and palm trees was inside the resort. The pictures of little buildings were some of the small Mexican towns that you sometimes drive through to get where you were going. The statues are the ones that lined the paths in the resort. There were also lizards everywhere. They were wild and also they had trained ones that you can hold. The trained one is the one I am holding in my picture that is on my profile. The old Volkswagons are like a modern cars down there. There are so many of them. The resort was right on a beach so you could just walk along the paths and be there in about ten minutes. We also went to the Mayan Ruins called Chichen Itza. It was amazing. The carvings and everything were fantastic. I always was interested in that kind of stuff and so I wanted to go for a long time and when I heard we could then I was very excited. I think I took about 50 pictures there alone. I also learned an interesting fact. The gum called Chicklets was actually invented by the Mayans thousands of years ago as a sacred food. The pool of water you see is a sink hole that was found and it started to fill. The water is 165 feet deep. You can jump from a platform into the water if you want. It was very cool.