Saturday, April 25, 2009

Creeks and Rivers

On Thursday I went to River Quest which is a program that takes kids out on a boat and they go and test the water they are on. You do chemical tests, take mud and look for living things in it, and take some of the water and look for plankton under the microscope. I liked that a lot. Then on Friday I am in Creek Connections so we went down to the creek and you would normally do chemical tests first and then go and play in the creek, but it was like 80 degrees or something so they decided to just let us play in the creek and look for stuff. Only if we could identify it after we were done. Everyone got soaked and we all came back to school and had to go to 9th period. So everyone who was in Creek Connections went to 9th period wet I think some one was even dripping still. It was fun. This weekend I am going on a ten mile backpacking trip. I leave in about half and hour so I will write about it when I get back.