Friday, December 5, 2008

Learning a New Language

I started to take an online lesson for learning anew language. In school next year you can take a language as one of your classes and I think I want to take Latin. The language that I really want to learn is Irish though. School does not offer it though so I am taking an online class. I am in my first lesson and so far it has not been that hard although I have only gotten through half a lesson of the first chapter. There are a lot of chapters and in each chapter there are three lessons. Each chapter is like a category. One is animals one is food and so on. I am in my first lesson of my first chapter which is meeting and greeting. So far I have learned how to say hello, goodbye, how are you, and good evening. The nice thing is there is no specific time that you have to do classes but you do have to take notes. They help you so much. I told my English teacher that I was starting and she told me to let her know where I am at and how good I am doing. I think it is fun and cool to talk in a different language. Also if you want to confuse people you can start talking to them in a different language. I am not done with my whole first lesson yet but I got through about a third of it.