Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas 2009

The third post in my chain of catch up posts is about Christmas. A little before Christmas this year on the weekend of the 20th some of my family came up from Virginia and we exchanged gifts and had a good time. Then the following Wednesday was my last day of school and I was off until January 4th so my Christmas was stretched out which I enjoyed because I got to have a lot of fun. For Christmas I really only asked for a couple off things and I got all of them which I was very happy about. I wanted a case for the gems I have, the Blue Planet tv series, a board game called Risk, an electric bass guitar, and a phone. Mostly though I just asked for money that I could deposit in my savings because I am saving for something pretty big. I was very lucky to get all of the presents I asked for along with a few other things too. The big goal I am saving for is an old car. Not a restored one just one that preferably runs, but can have other issues like body work or interior problems. I have been reading a ton of articles and books on how to fix different parts of the car so that I can work on the car if I get it. I have liked old cars all my life and I have always wanted one just never though of actually working towards it. Once I reach my savings goal I will start looking in the classified ads for something that fits the requirements that I have set. I am very excited about the idea of having an old car to work on.