Monday, November 24, 2008

Winter Camping

Over the weekend I went on a winter camping trip. I had to sleep in tents but I did get to go to the Gateway game. I got a ride there and then back. It was really cold. It never stopped snowing. When I would wake up it would be 12 degrees. One of the good things was that we were able to build a fire. We cooked all of our food in dutch ovens. I had to eat the side dishes most of the time because the entrees were meat, but there was a lot of side dishes. When everyone got all the food then I was allowed to get more side dishes. I got to shoot guns at targets on an indoor shooting range. We shot 22s. Usually I am against guns but it was ok because they were only paper targets. Also it was inside so there was no way you could hurt an animal by accident. There was a hill that at the bottom there were thorn bushes, trees, wooden poles, giant rocks, and a ditch that would make you flip. So me and three of my friends went sledding on it. We had so much fun. We were having so much fun that when we hit a tree or went into thorn bush then we just laughed at each other and kept going. We enjoyed watching each crash and sometimes we enjoyed crashing ourselves. That was probably the most fun out of the whole weekend.